Monday, 9 July 2012

Money Monday - Work More

The single easiest way to have more money is to make more money, and for most people that involves working more.

If you and your spouse are already working 60 hour work weeks - this is not for you. Most of us are not working nearly that much. If you really want more money you will have to make a sacrifice and put in that extra time.

Here are some options:

  1. Ask for overtime at your job
    • This is by far the best way to get extra money since you get paid time and a half!
  2. Ask to pick up more hours without overtime
    • Your boss can work you up to 44 hours per week without paying overtime
  3. If you are on salary, find out if you can work towards a bonus
  4. If you can't work more at your job, find a second job
    • Maybe your own business? 
My husband puts in the hours in our hours working an average 40 hour work week. I work a flexible schedule that changes with the company's work load. Right now without childcare I work a max of 3 hours a day, although I haven't been putting that in lately. I have made it my goal to dedicate one evening a week to extra work time in order to make more money.


If you are truly struggling for money it might be time to reconsider your career.

No comments:

Post a Comment