Tuesday, 31 July 2012

This is why I have no friends

Lately I've been finding a lot of comfort in solitude. I've recently cut out a lot of
negative people, but am having trouble replacing them with some new, good friends. I'm really down to one person I see or speak to regularly, other then my two best friends who live 3 hours away. Unfortunately neither have kids, although we remain very like minded and still talk regularly.

This lack of friends is not because I'm horribly unlikeable (I hope) but more because I have trouble getting along with people long term. Acquaintances I see infrequently are great, but I cannot build lasting relationships.

The issue I've been finding is that most moms I've been interacting with are simply no fun. They have chosen one aspect of parenting to go crazy about and obsess. It's clear they have no life outside their home.

I am very lassies-faire about family issues. I have one breastfed kid, one formula fed one. I'm happy that I have a healthy baby even though my c-sections were misinformed. I want to cloth diaper baby #3. I love plastic. I love processed food. I love cooking from scratch. I make my own laundry soap.

I am having a hard time finding parents to connect with who are not extreme. Then again, I'm also having trouble finding intelligent people to communicate with.

I too am guilty of being less then fun, but am seriously working on that. I'm trying to use this alone time to work on myself. Then maybe I'll get to know some of those acquaintances and find like minded people are not so far away.

Until then I'm going to worry about more important things then other people!

No comments:

Post a Comment